TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - VTF and some comments on my 790xv
People Seeking Info

Subject VTF and some comments on my 790xv

Posted by skwiggly on March 30, 2005 at 4:55 PM
  This message has been viewed 724 times.

In Reply To Alarm Install procedure – Viper Alarm posted by Jodecy on March 28, 2005 at 02:46 PM

Message Nice job and nice writeup! VTF also.

I wish I had this last fall when I got the 790xv to use in my '91TT! After getting quoted $300 for install from a local shop, I went to my friend who has done a lot of car work for me in the past, and he did it for $150. I was under the impression that alarm companies keep installation info under tight wraps, but he was somehow able to find a 50+ pg. installer manual online - sweet!

His installation is fairly similar to yours: valet switch under ashtray, disguising wires, but he was able to keep the stock alarm functionality, and he placed the control unit under the gauge hood, and the prox. sensor in my center console.

Only one small issue so far: we decided to place the red warning led in the windshield defroster trim piece, due to high visibility, and assuming that while driving it would be off -- not the case! Called Viper, they said there was no way to disable this, which means I might be re-locating this in the future, we'll see. Where did you place yours?

skwiggly
----------
boulder co
91 TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.